Ensuring CDA thrives as a 21st century organization
Vision: The California Dental Association is the recognized leader for excellence in member service and advocacy promoting oral health and the profession of dentistry.
Mission Statement: The California Dental Association is committed to the success of our members in service to their patients and the public.
Goal: Advance the oral health of the public and the practice interests of our members
- Promote the unique value of dentists in the delivery of oral healthcare
- Strengthen and expand support of members, helping them succeed in each phase of their professional life
- Aggressively seek creative solutions to members' concerns with private and government-sponsored benefit plans
- Continue to develop the Practice Support Center/CDA Compass
- Gather, analyze and disseminate demographic, economic, dental practice and clinical trends affecting dentistry in order to support the changing demands on dental practices
- Promote the alignment of dentist and patient interests to the legislature, regulatory bodies and the public through the development of a public affairs focus, including a grassroots advocacy effort and public oral health educational programs
- Develop a comprehensive and sustainable plan to advance the oral health of all Californians and to help eliminate barriers to care
Goal: A compelling and meaningful relationship with our members and potential members
- Identify member needs by conducting demographic and targeted market research
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy relying on segmented marketing, appropriate social networking and new technologies
- Build a vital dental community by developing simple and measurable mechanisms of engagement
- Increase the membership market share of licensed dentists in California
Goal: Responsive and effective leadership and governance
- Improve the organization's effectiveness by drawing upon the strengths of our diverse membership.
- Enhance volunteer engagement with and contribution to leadership and governance.
- Promote the Code of Ethics and ensure that it remains relevant to the values of the profession.
- Cultivate relationships within the Tripartite and with external communities of interest.
Goal: A strong financial base
- Reduce reliance on member dues by enhancing existing sources of non-dues revenue
- Explore new business opportunities to expand product/service diversity and sources of non-dues revenue
- Improve the technological infrastructure to enhance organizational performance
- Implement enterprise risk management to continually evaluate risks facing the organization