The latest collection of the Journal of the California Dental Association is dedicated to current research conducted by dental school students across California.
“Research carried out by dental students at various stages in their education contributes greatly to the scientific advancement of the dental profession,” said Editor-in-Chief Kerry Carney, DDS. “We recognize the value of this research and feature the studies annually in dedicated Journal collections.”
Eleven research studies cover a diverse range of topics including:
- Social work integration into adult special care dentistry.
- A framework for reducing the need for sedation in people with disabilities.
- Teledentistry and virtual dental homes.
- Home visiting programs in the oral health system.
- An analysis of three different periodontal probes.
- Treating xerostomia with medical acupuncture and intraoral dry needling.
- Cognitive impacts of edentulism and periodontitis.
- Biological underpinnings of root development.
- Reviews of 3D printing technology.
Download and read previous CDA Journal collections:
- The Oral Manifestations of Kabuki Syndrome and Other Studies
- Medical Dental Integration: Exploring Our Role in Collaborative Health Care
- Practice Management Insights
- Hand Pain: A Dental School Survey and Other Topics
The Journal of the California Dental Association is an award-winning peer-reviewed scientific publication that keeps dentists up to date about scientific advances, business management strategies and new products.