Are you interested in a career in dentistry?
You are invited to join the Smile Crew CA Dental Assisting Bootcamp, an accelerated training program happening July 3–31, 2023 in San Diego.
Together, the California Dental Association (CDA), the San Diego County Dental Society, the California Employment Development Department (EDD), San Diego Workforce Partnership (SDWP), and Grossmont Adult Education seek to train individuals with no prior experience to serve as entry level DAs.
This training program is a fast-paced, immersive bootcamp that combines classroom and online instruction with on-the-job training to prepare you to find a dental assisting role in your area.
• 15 hours per week of in-classroom instruction
• 20 hours per week of student-led and online instruction
• Weekly on-the-job training in a dental office outside of regular working hours
• Interview preparation • Onboarding and offboarding assistance
• A certificate of completion
Upon completion of this program you will now know the following:
• Understand the culture and expectations in typical dental practice
• Interpret HIPAA guidelines and policies
• Demonstrate foundational infection control and aseptic techniques
• Model the proper use and care of equipment and materials
• Define basic oral anatomy, dental procedures and dental disease
• Apply patient intake best practices
• Execute foundational procedure setups
• Understand introductory chairside dental assisting techniques
• Demonstrate effective patient communication techniques
• Age 18+
• High school diploma or GED *Or in process of obtaining
• English literacy
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Ability to provide 4 patients for x-ray licensure exam
• Ability to provide updated immunizations record
• Understand foundational principles of radiation safety and basic imaging techniques
You will need the following in preparation for this course:
• Ability to commit to approximately 23 days of online and in person learning
• Access to a computer and internet
• Transportation to the classroom and dental facility sites
• Comfortable closed toe shoes for Classroom and On-The-Job Trainings
San Diego Workforce Partnership [email protected]
For more information, visit www.smilecrewca.com