Room Host Responsibilities
Room Hosts have overall supervision of room requirements, general housekeeping
- Check-in at the Volunteer & Speaker registration booth at least 60 minutes prior to start of assignment.
- Arrive at the room at least 45 minutes prior to the course.
- Greet attendees as they arrive for the course and ensuring everyone in the room has a seat (standing in the back of the room is not permitted).
- Assist the Room Monitor (see below) with the management of standby seating for each course. In the unlikely event the Room Monitor needs to step away, the Room Host should stand outside the door until the Room Monitor returns.
- Monitor attendees scanning in and out of the room
- When the course begins and all attendees have been seated, close the doors.
- Do not sit in the front of the room. Remain seated in the back of the room by the door.
- Greet and direct latecomers to available seats and keep the doors closed.
- Awareness and knowledge of facility and locations is helpful
- Communicate any support needs to the CDA Presents Board of Managers
- Audio-visual/lighting/room temperature/room capacity matters and safety compliance matters.
Room Monitors are temporary staff, and are responsible for monitoring the door to scan attendees’ badges to ensure that everyone who enters the room is registered for the course. To ensure courses run smoothly, they work with local volunteers to scan badges and manage standby seating for each course.