Masks are still required in the dental office.
Get resources to help your office communicate mask requirements.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM WHERE IT IS ADVERTISED. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins on May 12, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
1. Eligibility: The CDA Presents Anaheim 2022 Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions of primary residence. Employees, officers, trustees and directors of the California Dental Association ("Sponsor") or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: California Dental Association (“CDA”), 1201 K Street, Sacramento, California, 95814.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to one of eight (8) spots at CDA Presents Anaheim 2022 at Anaheim Convention Center, 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802, as designated at https://www.cda.org/Disclaimer; take a photo of yourself or others; and post the photo to your Instagram feed (http://www.instagram.com) using the hashtag “#cdaPresents.” Upon submission of the photo at a single spot, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry in the Promotion. You must have a public profile on Instagram to enter. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. By entering, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, including on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. Normal internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Entries must be submitted by the participant.
By participating in this Promotion, participant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Promotion in the entry and any online social sharing interaction that references the Promotion or that is used to obtain entries in connection with this Promotion. At a minimum, the hashtag “#cdaPresents” should be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Promotion while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Promotion Period.
Each entry must comply with the following requirements:
(a) The photo, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the participant. By participating in this Promotion, participant represents and warrants that the photo is an original work created solely by the participant and that the photo does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
(b) Participant must obtain consent for use from all photo subjects and possess full rights to all photos submitted. By participating in this Promotion, participant represents and warrants that the participant has obtained permission from each person whose name, image, or likeness (“Likeness”) is included in the photo and that such person(s) have granted participant all necessary rights to use the person’s Likeness as described in these rules, and that participant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request.
(c) The photo must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
4. Selection of Winners: One (1) potential prize winner for each of the eight (8) spots will be selected from among all entries received. Entries will be judged by CDA staff based on originality, creativity, and skill, and whose decisions are final and binding. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram comment and/or Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram message on or before May 16, 2022. Except where legally prohibited, the potential winner must sign and return, within six (6) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram comment and/or Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram message after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or any other documentation that Sponsor may require, in its sole discretion, within the required time period, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by choosing the next best photo from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate prize notifications will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: There will be eight (8) Prizes awarded. Each Prize consists of one (1) t-shirt and assorted CDA promotional items. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $25. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $250. Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
6. General Conditions: WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any participant regarding this Promotion, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) and award the offered prize at random from among the eligible, nonsuspect entries received up to the time of the impairment or (b) modify or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
8. Disputes. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Sacramento County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a listing of the prize winners, available for 90 days after verification of the prize winners, visit http://cda.org/disclaimer. California Dental Association shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright © 2022 California Dental Association. All rights reserved. All logos and trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.