Masks are still required in the dental office.
Get resources to help your office communicate mask requirements.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on May 12, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: To participate in the CDA Presents Anaheim 2022 Member Benefits Center Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you must be an active member of the California Dental Association (“CDA”) who is in good standing during the Sweepstakes Period. You must also be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of primary residence at the time the prize is received and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. California Dental Association (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and each of their employees, officers, trustees, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Exhibitors and their employees are not eligible to enter. This is a trade promotion and is not open to the general public.
2. Sponsor: California Dental Association, 1201 K Street, Sacramento, California, 95814.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter. 1) Visit Member Benefits Center: During CDA Presents Anaheim 2022 show hours, go to the Member Benefits Center booth #1102 located in Anaheim Convention Center, 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802, and drop your business card or complete and place in the entry container the entry form with all required information, including your first and last name, email address, and phone number. Upon submission of your business card or completed entry form, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. 2) Email entry: To enter without visiting the Member Benefits Center, send an email to Sponsor at [[email protected]] RE: CDA Presents Anaheim 2022 Member Benefits Sweepstakes. Specific information to be included in entry email: your first and last name, email address, and phone number.
You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. By entering, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via email or phone number. Normal internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Those who have won are unable to enter on another day during the Sweepstakes. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries and/or plays by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that participant’s plays and/or entries, and that participant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, participant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Sweepstakes in the entry or that is used to obtain entries in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Sweepstakes.
4. Selection of Winners: There will be three daily drawings. On May 12, 2022, May 13, 2022, and May 14, 2022 Sponsor will select one (1) potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received per drawing. The potential winner will be notified by email on the day of the drawing. Except where legally prohibited, the potential winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release and IRS Form W-9 in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted via email or phone after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release and IRS W-9 Form within the required time period, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: There will be three (3) Prizes awarded. Prize #1 consists of one (1) Oculus Quest 2 VR 256 GB and is the prize for the drawing on Thursday, May 12, 2022. Prize #2 consists of one (1) Apple iPad 256 GB is the prize for the drawing on Friday, May 13, 2022. Prize #3 is a $500 Amazon gift card and is the prize for the drawing on Saturday, May 14, 2022. Issuer terms and conditions apply to card; see front and back of card for terms. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize #1 is $399, Prize #2 is $479, and Prize #3 is $500. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $1,378.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
6. General Conditions: WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any participant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and award the offered prize at random from among the eligible, nonsuspect entries received up to the time of the impairment or (b) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
7. Limitation of Liability and Releases; Publicity: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, MORAL RIGHTS, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. Disputes. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Sacramento County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a listing of the prize winners, available for 90 days after verification of the prize winners, visit http://cda.org/disclaimer. California Dental Association shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright © 2022 California Dental Association. All rights reserved. All logos and trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.