Registration for the spring 2014 lineup of TDIC’s Risk Management Seminar: The High Cost of Shortcuts is now open.
TDIC is offering the seminar to help dentists avoid lawsuits related to incomplete documentation or failing to fully inform patients. The High Cost of Shortcuts presents real case studies to dentists and staff members to help them understand best practices for creating a proactive approach when multiple dentists treat one patient; establishing office procedures when patients complain of pain; implementing office protocol when dealing with patient emergencies; and recommending treatment plans.
The spring seminars are available:
- Thursday, Jan. 16 (9 a.m.— noon) – Hawaii Convention Center (The Hawaii Dental Convention 2014), Honolulu, HI
- Friday, Jan. 24 (9 a.m. — noon) – Embassy Suites S.F. Airport - Waterfront, Burlingame, CA
- Friday, Feb. 7 (9 a.m. — noon) – Crowne Plaza Union City – Union City, CA
- Friday, Feb. 21 (1:30 – 4:30 p.m.) – McCormick Place West (Chicago Dental Society’s 149th Chicago Midwinter Meeting), Chicago, IL
- Friday, March 21 (9 a.m. — noon) – Hilton Santa Clara, Santa Clara, CA
- Thursday, May 15 (9 a.m.—noon and 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.) – Hilton Anaheim (CDA Presents), Anaheim, CA
- Friday, May 16 (9 a.m.—noon and 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.) – Hilton Anaheim (CDA Presents), Anaheim, CA
- Saturday, May 17 (9 a.m.—noon) – Hilton Anaheim (CDA Presents), Anaheim, CA
Dentists who attend will earn 3.0 C.E. units and TDIC policyholders will receive a 5 percent discount* on their TDIC Professional Liability premium for two years.
If dentists can’t make the live seminar, they can utilize convenient eLearning options via self-study or webcast. To register, visit thedentists.com/seminars.
*TDIC policyholders who complete a live seminar or eLearning option will receive a two-year, 5 percent Professional Liability premium discount effective their next policy renewal. To obtain the two-year, 5 percent Professional Liability premium discount, Arizona, California and Nevada dentists must successfully complete the seminar by April 25, 2014. Alaska, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Dakota and Pennsylvania dentists must successfully complete the seminar by Oct. 25, 2014. Any eLearning tests received after the deadline will not be eligible for the discount. Nonpolicyholders who complete a live seminar or eLearning option and are accepted for TDIC coverage will also be eligible for this discount.