Dentists who refer a new member to CDA now can receive a $100 check from CDA and a $100 American Express gift card from the ADA.
The $200 total reward is part of the Member Get a Member campaign, which provides incentives for every CDA dentist who refers a new member to the tripartite membership (for a total of $1,000 maximum per referring member).
The combined campaign lasts through Sept. 30, after which time members will still receive $100 from CDA.
A growing ADA and CDA means greater recognition for the dental profession, more resources and support for members and a stronger voice in the policy arena in Washington D.C. and Sacramento. The incentive program is a result of CDA leadership reaching out to members for input on the program.
To receive credit for a referral, an applicant must add the name of the member who referred them to membership on a CDA membership application. The referring member may also enter the name of the dentist they referred on the recruiter’s form at ada.org/MGAM. Once the referred member pays their dues, the referral incentives are mailed to the referring dentist.
There are many advantages to being a part of organized dentistry, but here are a few key benefits:
- Legislative advocacy;
- CDA Presents continuing education — free admission for the San Francisco and Anaheim meetings;
- TDIC insurance — member-only access and risk management hotline;
- Practice support services — cda.org/compass; and
- CDA publications.
Here are some tips on recruiting a new member:
- Seek any colleague who is not currently a tripartite member.
- Share the benefits and services of the ADA, CDA and local dental societies.
- Ask a colleague to include your name on the membership application or, better yet, give them an application with your name on it. Applications are available online at cda.org/mgm.
To find out if a dentist is a current tripartite member, visit cda.org under “Find a CDA Dentist.” In addition, updated nonmember lists are available through local component offices.
For more information on Member Get a Member, visit cda.org/mgm.