The Ad Council and the Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives is implementing a national oral health campaign on Nov. 1 to remind parents and kids about the importance of regular oral hygiene and brushing for two minutes, twice a day.
“National Brush Day” promotes improving the nation’s children’s oral health by supplying parents with simple information on when to start various levels of oral hygiene with their kids.
Dentists and organizations are encouraged to participate in the campaign through digital media.
Here’s how dentists can help:
- Follow the brand new Kids’ Healthy Mouths social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Promote the National Brush Day Thunderclap to your networks by encouraging people to sign up their accounts to send out a synchronized message to their Facebook or Twitter followers along with more than 100 other supporters on National Brush Day.
- Participate in the social media day of action by sharing the National Brush Day messages from our online toolkit.
- Post the National Brush Day graphics on your website, blog, or other promotional channels in advance of November 1.
- Encourage parents to sign up for our free, new text message program to receive practical brushing tips directly to their mobile phones. Simply text “BRUSH” to 30364 or sign up at the homepage of 2min2x.org.
- Promote the campaign website 2min2x.org.
The Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives is a group of 36 organizations, including CDA, recognized as experts in the field of oral health. The coalition was created to help parents take action and teach their children about the importance of good oral health. In addition to being a member of the partnership, CDA is a key member of the executive council, which oversaw the development of the research-based messages.
More information, including resources, a list of “Tooth To-Do’s” and a simple graph depicting what steps to take for children’s teeth and when, is available on 2min2x.org.