Taking a leadership position is a great way to influence the future of your profession and can be the start of an exciting journey that takes you to new heights of achievement. Becoming a leader has many benefits:
- Learn leadership and organizational skills
- Have the chance for your voice to be heard
- Increase your knowledge of our profession
- Work with some of the best and brightest in dentistry
Click here for the list of available leadership positions for 2015.
The February 28 application deadline for positions on ADA councils, committees and commissions has passed. The deadline for submitting applications for CDA positions is May 31. We look forward to your continued interest and future participation in the activities of the association.
- Read the job description and requirements to make sure you are qualified, available and interested
- Highlight the skills and experience you possess that most closely relate to the position(s) for which you are applying
- Essay questions are critical, so take the time to complete them
- Make sure you answer the question asked
- Speak to your passion and experience
- Critical: Your responses should reflect the skills and experience that relate to the position(s) for which you are applying
- References should be individuals who have had direct observation of your leadership work, but no Executive Committee, LDC, CVP, or staff members
- Get any questions about content or process clarified by e-mailing email@example.com
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Change often begins at the local level. To find out how to get involved in your component, contact your component executive director.
If you are a dental student interested in getting involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.