Regulatory Compliance
The Dental Board and Cal/OSHA are not the only entities that regulate your practice. Find out about these other entities and how they can impact your practice. Start your Cal/OSHA compliance process by downloading our Regulatory Compliance Manual and customize it for use in your office. Also, download required documents, checklists, forms and more.
Featured Resource
Prescribing, dispensing, and administering controlled substances requires registration with the DEA and compliance with state and federal laws. Read this article to learn more about reporting lost/stolen drugs and prescription forms, disposing of controlled substances, and the state Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Popular Resources
Unrestricted Resources
CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual
This guide  includes excerpts from California Radiation Control Regulations Title 17. Dental practices with x-ray equipment are required to have a copy of this guide or a copy of Title 17. They also are required to have a written radiation safety program. A template for a radiation safety program is included in the guide, as well as information to provide pregnant employees. This guide is part of the CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual. Updated December 2013
This is a list of best management practices and information resources on managing amalgam waste.
News & Blogs
Your patient wants to discuss his or treatment via email, but you don't use encryption and cannot assure the security of the patient's information during transmission. Can you proceed? Yes you can, according to a recent statement from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the agency that enforces HIPAA. Unencrypted emails may be sent to patients who have been advised of risks and have consented to receive unencrypted emails.    Read more >>
We have a new term in the regulatory lexicon. It is CERS, which stands for California Environmental Reporting System. Many, but not all, dental practices received letters from their local environmental enforcement agencies (known as CUPAs) notifying businesses that starting this year reports must be filed electronically as paper reports are no longer accepted. The change from paper to electronic reports is mandated by state law.    Read more >>
If you received an economic census form from the U.S. Census Bureau, you have until February 12 to return it. Federal law requires recipients complete the six-page form in its entirety. Responses are kept confidential.    Read more >>
«« First |1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Last ››
Teresa PichayTeresa Pichay  
Practice Analyst, Regulatory Compliance
Search Resources
View Resource Index
Ask an Expert
Regulatory Compliance Manual
Tip of the Week
If you provide employment references for former employees, direct staff that references are provided only by the practice owner, or specific supervisor. Be consistent and keep the information professional and limited to the job title, duties performed in the office, dates of employment, salary range and if the employee is eligible for rehire.