Regulatory Compliance
The Dental Board and Cal/OSHA are not the only entities that regulate your practice. Find out about these other entities and how they can impact your practice. Start your Cal/OSHA compliance process by downloading our Regulatory Compliance Manual and customize it for use in your office. Also, download required documents, checklists, forms and more.
Featured Resource
Prescribing, dispensing, and administering controlled substances requires registration with the DEA and compliance with state and federal laws. Read this article to learn more about reporting lost/stolen drugs and prescription forms, disposing of controlled substances, and the state Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Popular Resources
Unrestricted Resources
CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual
This guide  includes excerpts from California Radiation Control Regulations Title 17. Dental practices with x-ray equipment are required to have a copy of this guide or a copy of Title 17. They also are required to have a written radiation safety program. A template for a radiation safety program is included in the guide, as well as information to provide pregnant employees. This guide is part of the CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual. Updated December 2013
This is a list of best management practices and information resources on managing amalgam waste.
News & Blogs
A series of free webinars on various aspects of the recent HIPAA/HITECH Omnibus Rule will be launched next month. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) are co-sponsoring the 90-minute webinars that are specifically designed for small health care providers, with a focus on practical strategies for implementing the changes within a small clinical practice.    Read more >>
If you are a dental corporation, you may have received in the mail a solicitation to use a costly service to file required documents. California corporations must file annually a Statement of Information with the California Secretary of State's Office. You may file this yourself instead of paying for a service to file it for you. If you think you are a victim of a fraudulent solicitation, you can file a complaint with the state Attorney General's Office.    Read more >>
The state Radiological Health Branch (RHB) is sending postcard notices to dental offices in advance of inspecting their x-ray equipment. The inspections will be conducted by mail.    Read more >>
«« First |1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Last ››
Teresa PichayTeresa Pichay  
Practice Analyst, Regulatory Compliance
Search Resources
View Resource Index
Ask an Expert
Regulatory Compliance Manual
Tip of the Week
Now is the best time to contact patients who have dental benefits available to use toward diagnosed treatment before the benefits expire at the end of the year. Reference the Letter to Patients Regarding Dental Benefits.