Regulatory Compliance
The Dental Board and Cal/OSHA are not the only entities that regulate your practice. Find out about these other entities and how they can impact your practice. Start your Cal/OSHA compliance process by downloading our Regulatory Compliance Manual and customize it for use in your office. Also, download required documents, checklists, forms and more.
Featured Resource
Prescribing, dispensing, and administering controlled substances requires registration with the DEA and compliance with state and federal laws. Read this article to learn more about reporting lost/stolen drugs and prescription forms, disposing of controlled substances, and the state Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Popular Resources
Unrestricted Resources
CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual
This guide  includes excerpts from California Radiation Control Regulations Title 17. Dental practices with x-ray equipment are required to have a copy of this guide or a copy of Title 17. They also are required to have a written radiation safety program. A template for a radiation safety program is included in the guide, as well as information to provide pregnant employees. This guide is part of the CDA Regulatory Compliance Manual. Updated December 2014
This is a list of best management practices and information resources on managing amalgam waste.
News & Blogs
You know that as an employer you are required to offer to any employee who is potentially exposed to blood or saliva at the workplace the Hepatitis B vaccination series and post-vaccination follow-up. What about other vaccinations--what are an employer's obligations?    Read more >>
Zombie apocalypses not withstanding, the recent CDC guidance on preparing for such an event succeeded in drawing a lot of attention to a subject most of us need to spend more time thinking about--emergency preparedness. As a practice owner, you also must plan how you will run your practice with limited or no access to your office, your records, or your staff. Business continuity planning goes hand-in-hand with emergency preparedness.    Read more >>
Confused about whether you need to post licenses or to wear name tags or to post a list of licensed staff? Are you aware of the new requirement to inform patients of the highest academic degree earned by each person licensed by the Dental Board? Read on to find out what the laws require you to do.    Read more >>
«« First |1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Last ››
Teresa PichayTeresa Pichay  
Practice Analyst, Regulatory Compliance
Search Resources
View Resource Index
Ask an Expert
Regulatory Compliance Manual
Tip of the Week
When changing your practice address or tax identification number, be sure to update the Dental Board of California, the NPPES (NPI registry) and any dental plans you may be contracted with and/or bill on behalf of your patients.