Are you interested in working with a diverse group of people while working on a warm, welcoming, tropical island? TakeCare Insurance, a top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to about 30,000 members in Guam (U.S. Territory), Saipan and Palau is looking for a full-time General Dentist.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed leader who is team oriented with great interpersonal skills. Our ideal candidate has passion for his or her job and wants to make positive and significant contributions to our organization.
Plus, if you have always wanted to travel within the Asia Pacific region, enjoy surfing, scuba diving, water sports or hanging out on the beach after work, then this is the opportunity for you! This position also offers a wonderful opportunity to join a progressively growing organization, gain international experience and exposure, as well as build your resume with significant industry experience.
Dentists are medical health care professionals who focus specifically on the oral and dental hygiene of their patients. The General Dentist reports directly to the Senior Ancillary Services Manager and is responsible for conducting examination on teeth, gums and related tissues, using dental instruments, X-rays and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
Designs, makes and fits prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges and dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists and dental technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Examines teeth, gums and related tissues using dental instruments, X-rays and other diagnostic equipment to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities and create treatment plans to maintain or restore the oral health of their patients.
2. Uses masks, gloves and safety glasses to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
3. Administers anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures; while ensuring the safe administration of anesthetics.
4. Promotes oral health and disease prevention and formulates plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
5. Uses air turbine and handle instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
6. Advises and instructs patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
7. Designs, makes and fits prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists and dental technicians.
8. Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and corrective services.
9. Performs periodical and routine oral surgeries/procedures such as tooth extractions, preparing and placing fillings or administering anesthetics carry potential risks of complications such as infection, temporary or even permanent nerve damage, prolonged bleeding, hematomas and pain.
10. Writes prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
11. Analyzes and evaluates dental needs to determine changes and trends in patterns of dental disease.
12. Eliminates irritating margins of fillings and corrects occlusions, using dental instruments.
13. Completes and updates patient records and comply with HIPAA and other regulations.
14. Promotes and ensures highest standards of hygienic precautions and infection control.
15. Bleaches, cleans or polishes teeth to restore natural color.
16. Plans, organizes and maintains dental health programs.
17. Produces and evaluates dental health educational materials.
18. Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Experience & Specifications
1. Graduate of Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine, with Master's Degree; License is required.
2. Previous formal experience is not required
3. Must have the appropriate level of behavioral maturity and patience in handling patients.
4. Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees and customers.
5. Very good manual dexterity skills
6. Outstamdomg ability to communicate instructions and procedures for treatments, keeping the patients and giving them the desired level of comfort and confidence.
7. Must have strong sensitivity to the needs and anxieties of patients and the ability to motivate patients to undergo treatments and procedures.
8. Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required sit for extended hours, communicate clearly via speech, use hands to finger in repetitive motion, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, talk, hear conversations or sounds as well as via radio or telephone. The employee must be able to occasionally sit for long hours, drive a car or travel to other locations. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasionally; the employee might be exposed to unpleasant and or stressful situations.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to lights, office equipment such as computer monitors, faxes etc. in a clinical setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
TakeCare Insurance is the top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to the island of Guam, Saipan and Palau. For nearly 40 years, over 30,000 medical and dental patients have trusted our brand of reliable and consistent operational excellence. We are proud of our patient-centric medical and dental healthcare coverage and of the 360 employees that contribute to our growth as one of Micronesia's largest health plan and healthcare services companies.
TakeCare's headquarters is located in the United States territory of Guam, rich with cultural heritage and pride. Guam is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. The island's climate is characterized as Tropical Marine and the yearly temperature is 85° F.
The average water temperature is also 85° Fahrenheit enabling many visitors to the island to enjoy an array of water sports year round. Guam conveniently has most of the luxuries of the Western world; however, the slower pace of island life brings a refreshing change from fast paced city or suburban living.
TakeCare offers competitive pay and an extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D), dependent and health care reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time-off, bereavement leave, savings and profit-sharing program, matching 401k contributions, continuing education, professional license and professional membership, professional liability coverage, appointment to Government Regulatory Board, relocation reimbursement, contract renewal benefits and discounts at the FHP Health Center, Pharmacy, and Vision Center.