Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS) is hiring a permanent dentist for 32-40 hrs/week to work in our growing School-Based Clinic Program. The School-Based Clinic Program operates school-based clinics in 23 schools throughout Contra Costa County and has recently added stationary and mobile dental clinics to the program. We currently operate dental clinics at two schools and are adding additional sites this Fall. The school-based dental clinics are a partnership between the School-Based Clinic Program run by the Contra Costa Public Health Department, , the Children’s Oral Health Program in Public Health, and the CCHS Dental Department. Responsibilities include:
· Provide general dentistry services at CCHS licensed clinics located in elementary and high schools in Contra Costa as well as in CCHS health centers
· Develop and advise on oral health programs and policies for the School-Based Clinic Program and the Public Health Department
· Assess oral health needs, develop program plans and objectives to address oral health needs, and insure that program services are adequate, appropriate, and accessible
· Provide QI/QA assistance to the Children’s Oral Health Program, such as reviewing/developing clinical protocols and conducting onsite QA.
· Provide guidance on oral health community activities performed by the Children’s Oral Health Program
· Promote population-based interventions such as fluoridation and dental sealants
This position requires travel within Contra Costa. Qualifications include: current California Dental license; at least one year of experience as a dentist working with children/teens; ability to work independently and in teams; knowledge of public health principles and practices and an interest in working with children and teens. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Kristina Kutter at Kristina.Kutter@hsd.cccounty.us or 925.313.6188 (fax).