The Dentist is responsible for providing general dental care to the Centers' target population. The Dentist reports to the Dental Director.
• Licensed as a dentist in the State of California
• Knowledge and skills in delivering dental care to patients
• Preference will be given to individuals who have worked with low-income and minority community members
• Preference will be given to individuals bilingual in Spanish and English; written and verbal
• Valid California driver's license, proof of auto insurance and personal transportation
• Assist the Dental Director in establishing dental policies and procedures for the program
• Provide direct dental care for the center's patients
• Supervise dental clinic staff in absence of the Dental Director
• Assist the Dental Director in reviewing and recommending dental department fees for services, scope of care, and departmental policies
• Assist in training and monitoring departmental staff compliance with OSHA, Blood borne Pathogens, CLIA, and safety policies
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of current dental practices and procedures
• Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, stems and objectives
• Knowledge of dental care administration systems
• Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical, dental, administrative staff, patients and public
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate dental equipment, and other office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/40 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a dental clinic environment.
To apply, please visit our website: www.communitymedicalcenters.org and click on careers.