Effective Date: 5/22/14
KEY POINTS TO KNOW
- We primarily use the information we collect when you use the App in connection with your relationship with CDA and your use of the App.
- The App collects certain information regarding how you access and use the App and we may utilize third party vendors to collect and analyze this information on our behalf.
- We do not share your Personal Information (defined as information that identifies you as a specific individual, such as your name or e-mail address) with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent; however, we may share your Personal Information under certain limited circumstances, such as vendors providing services or for legal compliance.
- The App may display advertisements, but does not use your Personal Information or behavioral advertising technology to do so.
Information You Provide
The App may collect "Personal Information" (which is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, mobile number, and email address), account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account) and demographic or other information (such as your organization name, gender, age or birthdate and zip code and information about your interests and preferences). Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
Your notes regarding conference sessions, your personal agenda, and your favorites are stored locally within the App on your device and are not transmitted to CDA. These features are not available to users of the mobile-optimized website.
Note about Children: Our services are general audience services and are not intended for individuals younger than the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals younger than the age of 13.
Information the App Automatically Collects
We and our third party service providers, including analytics providers and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain "Usage Information" whenever you access and use the App, including, without limitation, when you add a session to your agenda or to your favorites. Usage Information may include the type of device you are using to access the App, the areas of the App that you access or use, and the time of day you used the App, among other information. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for any mobile phone, tablet or other device you may use to access the App. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access a Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the App. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
How We Use the Information Collected Through the App
Please note that information submitted via a "Contact Us" or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
2. Service Providers. We use third parties to perform certain services on our behalf, such as tracking analytics, updating the App, or performing other administrative services. For example, we use Quickmobile to provide, manage, and update the App. We may provide these third party service providers with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing. Use of the App through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through your mobile device which may be viewed by your mobile carrier or other access provider.
4. Business Transitions. We may share Personal Information with any parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. CDA reserves the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the App, including Personal Information, if it goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Updating Your Information
You may be able to review and update your account information, including certain Personal Information and your communications preferences. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the App and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
Third Party Content and Links to Other Sites
Certain content provided through the App may be hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets. In addition, the App may link to third party web sites or content over which we have no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. For example, the App may provide access to Google Maps to help you navigate to the conference or convention site; and Google Maps may request access to your location. Likewise, the App may link to third-party social media sites (such as Facebook or Twitter), and these sites may request your Personal Information. CDA is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
Advertisements displayed in the App are served by CDA or its service providers. CDA does not use your Personal Information or behavioral advertising technology to display advertisements in the App. If you click on an advertisement in the App, CDA or its service provider may be able to tell which advertisement you viewed and where you were in the App when you viewed it. Aggregate information about the success of the advertisement may be shared with the advertiser(s).
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of electronic transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit and you do so at your own initiative and risk.
Consent to Transfer
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the App, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
CDA does not track you over time and across third party apps or websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties do not conduct online tracking on the App.
California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: email@example.com or write to us at the following mailing address: 1201 K Street, 16th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.